Monday, July 7, 2008

Vacation in Minneapolis

Fourth of July may be the best time of the year in Minneapolis. I love being in the city when most people are out of town. For those of us who stayed, the weather was exceptional for a holiday weekend. Had 3 days off from work and house projects and enjoyed my vacation in the city with my old friend Jen and new friend Jenn. This New to Me project is only sort of working. I'm finding that I have a lot of favorite things that I don't want to give up in favor of anything new! So here are my Top 5 favorites that may be New to You and my Top 5 New to Me things of the last few days:
New to You:
1. Artichoke dip at Pizza Luce - vies with Loring Pasta Bar for the best art dip in the city.
2. Canoeing on the St. Croix - only an hour outside of the city and you can experience Nature.
3. Mill City Farmer's Market - not as big as the FM on Lyndale but under the cool space of the Museum train shed.
4. Namaste Cafe - only my 2nd visit and already a Favorite. Go there right now!
5. Butterfinger Glacier at Liberty - reward for walking there from my house.

New to Me:
1. Birchwood key lime pie ice cream at Izzy's - worth the drive to St. Paul. Every day.
2. Friedlander photography exhibit at MIA - loved the streetscape photos, could have skipped the nature scenes.
3. Urban bean coffeeshop - good atmosphere and modern design by architect friend's architect wife.
4. 10 second film festival at the Soap Factory - interesting but outdoors and too buggy despite the tiki lamps.
5. East Hennepin location of Punch Pizza - lovely courtyard seating. Pizza makes me want to go to Sicily.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

namaste is one of my new favorite restos. order some mamacha & a bottle of malbec and you're good to go!

Maureen said...

glad someone is still reading my blog.