Sunday, June 29, 2008

Top 5 Twins-Related Events This Weekend


A good chunk of my weekend was spent in the Metrodome watching the Twins v. Brewers series: Friday night (Twins win 7-6!) with Angie, Carl, and Marisa, and Sunday afternoon (Twins win 5-0!) with Tab. New for me this year is having season tickets - after some procrastinating and a phone call by a telemarketer (another new experience: actually conversing with one), Angie, Carl, and I bought the Flex 40 upper club option that allows us to attend any game with any number of people and have priority seating in the new ballpark. Although attending Twins games is not New to Me, I had the following new Twins-related experiences this weekend:
1. Attending with Angie and keeping score with the new awesome "Maureen and Angie's Official Baseball Scorebook" that she made for us (me looking over her shoulder to get the correct scoring is not new).
2. Eating the new-this-year WARM chocolate chip Clubhouse Cookies. Yummers.
3. Going to the Twins Pro Shop to use my Season Ticket Holder discount card and getting Nick Punto's autograph on my seat cushion!
4. Wearing my new pink Twins jersey that I got at the Twins Pro Shop with my discount card.
5. Watching Slowey's 5-0 shutout!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I hope you can follow up your weekend with a new-to-the-millennium Twins World Series victory!

Anginator said...

omg, those cookies were so awesome! thanks for tipping me off about Punto too. We're going to have to pay more attention to opportunities for NEW autographs on our stuff.

Unknown said...

i can't believe anginator wrote omg... OMG! LoL!