Sunday, July 27, 2008

NEW York


This week I went on a work-sponsored trip to New York City where there were many New to Me opportunities! Click here for my photos.
Top 5 highlights:
1. Superheroes Fashion and Fantasy exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art - included Christian Bale's sweet Batman costume from The Dark Knight.
2. First time for me at the Whitney Museum of Art where I was very excited about the exhibition of Buckminster Fuller's innovative work - he was pushing sustainability and humanitarian design long before anyone else.
3. Viewing 5 New York photographers' interesting work at the Public Library's Eminent Domain show. Check out the subway train cars by Ethan Levitas and the Chinatown family images by Thomas Holton. I might be inspired to map out the Minneapolis borders in a study similar to the borough edges, nyc project.
4. 100% organic dinner at Gusto Grilled Organics near Union Square. Wine was delivered to our table by the liquor store down the street. Loved watching all of the street action from the outdoor patio.
5. Twins v. Yankees game at the final season in the current Yankee Stadium.  Twins lost (it is an intimidating place for the away team), but I still loved experiencing the place before they move to the fancy new ballpark across the street. 

1 comment:

sakamaho said...

Sounds like a great trip! And, I'll see you in less than a week! :)