Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New to Me


Last week I took a trip to Portland, OR to visit Ivona, Claire, Rachel, and Kara. I love Minneapolis, but over the four short days, there were many times when i was envious of Portland's abundance of cool places: neighborhoods, restaurants, bars, bookstores, walkable streets. Claire has only lived there 1 year and has a project to go on Saturday Adventures every week to new places around the city. On the way back to Msp, I vowed to start exploring my city as if I've just moved here. When a new place opens, I'm always excited to try it, but I often forget about the places that I pass every day never try.

My new project is to try out things that are new to me (including blogging) and write about them on Mad About New (Erin gets credit for the clever name). In my excitement, I tried so many things in the first week that I'll never have time to write about them all so I'll just start with a list and hopefully provide amusement/opinionated reviews/clever commentary about my new things as time goes on.

Here are my new things since returning last Tuesday:
1. Dinner at Pancho Villa
2. Happy hour at 508
4. Appetizers at Namaste Cafe, 2512 Hennepin Ave S (yum!)
5. Happy hour at Aura
6. The Comedian's Tragedy at Theatre Garage
7. Appetizer's at Rudolph's (yep, driven by there every day for years and never been)
8. Card shopping at i like you
9. Red Stag Block Party + a ridiculous number of places in N.E. Mpls
10. Toy shopping at Wonderment

7 comments:

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. You realize there's a handy Twitter widget for blogger. :)

momojp said...

Well, well looks who's blogging. If you are trying out a new spot that serves drinks and its after nine, feel free to invite me BEFORE I have to read about it on your blog. Same for you David, but only if it is a non-camera night.

Unknown said...

You're setting the bar pretty high for coming up with 10 things in one post. Are you asking for suggestions from people for places to go? I've got some GREAT places you can visit in the suburbs. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your exploration of all things new! It is like a positive version of a to-do list. Rock on!

Unknown said...

Could you please elaborate on your Nordeast establishments? Like specifically places named: Arones, Mac's, U Otter, and the Front.