Saturday, August 16, 2008

Summer Continued


My Olympics-watching led me on a search for South Minneapolis bars with large screen TV's this week. Since I typically make an effort NOT to go to these places, I had no idea where to look. Luckily, Ryan introduced me to the large flat screens of Pepito's on Wednesday. The TV watching atmosphere was so good that I went back again with Emily, Meg, and Kara on Thursday. I'll be back next week to take Em's advice and try the Mexican Margarita.

In non-Olympics news, the end of the summer is here for our office interns. I always think that for us year-round workers, summer doesn't really end until the weather turns cold around October, but it was nice to celebrate with some half-price ($5) cocktails at Saffron's excellent happy hour (New to Me) with Mark, Amy, Tab, Amber, and Dan. Each drink was a beautiful color in a perfect glass. I think the Mediterranean Sunset won for color, Cuban in the Middle East for the tall highball glass, and No Name Drink for strength. Tab recommends the Saffron Rose. They have pleasant outdoor seating, excellent service, cloth napkins, constantly filled glasses of ice water, and tiny plates of decent food ($3.50). Try it.


1 comment:

Dr Em said...

drinks are good. I need to have more ;)