Monday, August 11, 2008

Beijing 2008

On 08.08.08, I turned on my TV to watch something other than DVD's for the first time since the 2006 Winter Olympics. Although I've never been particularly into watching sports, I love the Olympics. I like the idea of all of the world coming together for one purpose, learning factoids about obscure events, and always the human interest stories. Did you see the great one about the 33 year old gymnast who saved her son by moving to Germany? It may be 2 weeks before I do anything else new! 

New to Me events of last week:

Saturday: In Okoboji, selected Mrs. Lady's Mexican restaurant based on number of cars in the parking lot. Not happy to find meat sauce on my broccoli and cheese enchilada.
Sunday: Enjoyed new patio at Acadia until the rain finally came. 
Monday: Bought a cart-full of organic canned food for LHB's design team to practice Canstruction.
Tuesday: Bittersweet at the Varsity Theater - loved Shana Halligan's mermaid dress and the venue.
Wednesday: Drove to Crookston and back. In one day. By myself. Luckily, had a sweet rental car.
Thursday: Kara was visiting Eden Prairie from Portland. A long drive to the burbs but was surprised to find a decent restaurant with yummy mojitio's at least: Wildfire.
Friday: Like I said above, not much new since i turned on the TV to watch the amazing opening ceremonies. Gotta run - human interest story on Michael Phelps...

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Oooh you went to the Bittersweet show? How were they live?